Excelsior School is looking for a qualified Math Teacher who is dedicated and passionate about the academic and professional success of students. It is highly important for ALL teachers at Excelsior School to not only be able to effectively motivate and inspire students about learning and education but also can create a rigorous, engaging, and analytical classroom setting for each individual student.
Applicants are required to have bachelor’s degree; applicants with a higher degree are highly-preferred especially those with a Master’s in education. Math teacher must be able to teach Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-calculus, Statistics and Calculus.
1. Create a detailed and structured syllabus for each course which highlights the key topics of the class along with the class guidelines, rules, grading policy, and contact information.
2. Design daily lessons outlining the teaching procedures along with implementations of Unit assignments and assessments
3. Preparing and implementing standards based on lesson plans that lead to student mastery of California Common Core Standards and school curriculum content.
4. Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and home assignments.
5. Prepare course material and classroom activities and homework assignments to create a positive achievement-oriented learning environment.
6. Respects and obeys school bylaws to insure the safety and well-being of students at all times.
7. Thoroughly explain the results of student achievements through quantitative and qualitative analysis with bi-monthly reports and reviews.
8. Reviews and presents feedback for each student’s questions, homework, quizzes, and exams.
9. Grade students’ homework, quizzes, and exams within a timely-manner.
10. Inform directors in advance regarding special programs or needs.
11. Report to administration or directors any special needs or complications of respective students.
12. Ensure a rigid, structured, and consistent policy within each classroom setting.
13. Promptly and effectively handle any disciplinary action that aligns with school protocol.
14. Confers with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavior and academic problems.
15. Regularly participate in professional development opportunities and collaborative team meetings.
16. Perform other job-related duties are required and assigned.
|Minimum Qualifications||Bachelor’s Degree|